Tequila Lime Chicken – amazing chicken marinated with tequila, lime and garlic. This tequila lime chicken recipe tastes better than restaurant’s.
- 1 1/2s lb skin-on, deboned chicken thighs (click to learn how)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Lime wedges, for garnishing
- Chopped cilantro, for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Rub the garlic onto the chicken meat. Give it a good rub all over the meat and the skin.
- Whisk all the Marinade ingredients together in a big bowl, mix well. Add the chicken into the Marinade, stir to coat well. Marinate for 15 minutes but best for 2 hours.
- Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken with the skin-side down until slightly browned. Turn over and pan-fry the other side of the chicken until slightly browned.
- Transfer the skillet into oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the the skin nicely browned. Broil the chicken for 1 minute or until the skin is nicely charred (as pictured). Transfer the chicken and the juice that seeps out after baking to a serving platter, squirt some fresh lime juice and garnish with cilantro, serve immediately.