- 2 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 500g (about 1 lb) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- sliced kaffir lime leaves to serve (optional)
- sliced red chilli to serve (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat and fry the THAI RED CURRY PASTE for about a minute or until it starts to smell yummy.
- Pour in the creamy COCONUT MILK and stir. Add the chicken and stir until almost cooked. Stir through the sugar and the DRIED THAI HERBS & CHILLI (leave the chillies out if you want a mild curry or chop them up if you want a spicier curry).
- Drain and discard the liquid from the BAMBOO SHOOTS. Add drained bamboo shoots and stir. Simmer for a further 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate. Top with kaffir lime leaves and chilli, if using.