Can’t you just imagine this bowl being served at a vegan restaurant? Well, why not make it in the comfort of your own home? It looks like it would take a long time to prepare, but it only set me back about 25 minutes of prep time. I simply roasted the sweet potato and chickpeas, cooked some quinoa on the stove top, and chopped a few veggies. It’s pretty laid back and you can tend to other things while it’s cooking. Due to the hummus and avocado, there’s no real need for a dressing unless of course you want to throw some on. My Lemon-Tahini dressing would be great on this, but it’s great plain too. Next time you are in a lunch or dinner rut, give this a shot! It’s simple vegan food at its finest. Bowl idea inspired by Deliciously Ella.
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large carrot, peeled & julienned
- purple cabbage or vegetable of choice, shredded
- couple handfuls of greens for the base (optional)
- lots of hummus
- sliced avocado
- hulled hemp seeds.
- Assemble the bowl
- Best Kale Salad