This snack cake is sweet enough on its own so I often enjoy it without the frosting. The frosting takes it over the top. Enjoy with tea or coffee!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened (almost melted)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped finely; reserve 2 Tbsp. for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a square 8×8-in. pan with Baker's Joy. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) cream together the sugar, sour cream, egg, and butter until smooth. Add bananas and vanilla. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix slowly until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If frosting, cool completely before doing so. Garnish with reserved chopped walnuts.
- Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting: Whisk together 1.5 cups powdered sugar, ½ cup peanut butter, 3 Tbsp. butter (room temperature), 3 Tbsp. milk, and ¼ tsp. vanilla until smooth. Frost cake or each serving. This makes more than you'll need for the cake–enjoy the leftovers on another baked treat. ?