Carrot And Almond Cake Gluten Free
- carrots – 500 g – 18 oz
- whole almonds – 300 g – just over 2 cups
- sugar – 150 g – 3/4 cup
- gluten free baking powder – 2 tsp
- orange zest – of 1 orange
- lemon zest – of 1 lemon
- oil (corn, sunflower or olive oil) – 4 tbsp
- powdered sugar – to sprinkle
- eggs – 3
- Peel and wash the carrots and grate them finely in a food processor. Also grind the almonds finely using a food processor.
- Whip the eggs with the sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the carrots, the orange and lemon zest, the almonds, the oil, the baking powder and gently incorporate well your ingredients.
- Pour the mixture on a round well greased spring form cake tin (measuring approx 22 cm or 8.6 inch diameter) and cook at 160C or 300 F for about 45 minutes. Leave it to cool down in the oven with the door left ajar.
- Wait for the cake to be completely cooled down before slicing it. Sprinkle with icing sugar (optional) and serve.
- I am entering this to “Bake of the Week” hosted by Casa Costello.