Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 18 large fresh strawberries (about a pound), cleaned and patted dry
- 4 oz chocolate melting wafers (I used Ghiradelli Dark Melting Wafers *yum*, but other brands I looked at had similar nutrition figures)
- 1 teaspoon of festive sprinkles (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place chocolate wafers in a microwave safe cup, bowl or ramekin and microwave them on half power for 30 seconds (or according to package directions. Check progress and continue to heat in 15 second intervals until heated and smooth when stirred. Be careful not to overcook.
- Dip each strawberry one at a time into the chocolate and then lift and swirl to release any excess chocolate back into the cup. Place the covered berry on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle a few sprinkles on before the chocolate sets. Repeat with remaining berries. If he chocolate in your cup starts to thicken place it back in the microwave for another 10 seconds or so.
- Allow berries to sit at room temperature or refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until chocolate hardens.