Comfort food at its canned and processed finest. Now, don’t scoff! It’s totally easy, yummy, and the kids all love it.
- 1 can (21 Oz.) Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 can (15 Oz.) Crushed Pineapple
- 1 box (about 18 Oz.) Yellow Or White Cake Mix
- 1 stick Margarine
- 1/2 stick Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Dump cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into baking dish. Stir together.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the fruit. Slice margarine and butter and distribute over the surface of the cake mix.
- Bake this sacrilege at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Then, to redeem yourself and become the person your high school history teacher always wanted you to be, whip some cream and put a dollup on top.
- Pretend it’s cobbler if you want. But most importantly: enjoy! That’s all I ask of you.