Delicious simple vanilla pound cake perfect with any kinds of fruits.
- 1 sticks (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for buttering pan
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring) plus additional for dusting ( I used 1 cup all purpose flour + 2 tablespoon cornstarch to make 1 cup of cake flour, in a measuring cup add 2 tablespoon of cornstarch first and then add all purpose flour. And sift the flour 5 times)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 and 1/2 large eggs, at room temperature 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Generously butter pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess flour, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Once you sifted the homemade cake flour for 5 times, then add salt and sift together once again. If using cake flour then you need to sift only 3 times.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer
- at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or 6 to 8 minutes with a handheld mixer.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, For 1/2 egg ( beat one egg in separate bowl, and add 1 1/2 tablespoon of egg to mixture, 1 large egg is about 3 tablespoon,so use only half of it for half egg).
- then beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add half of flour, then all of cream, then remaining flour, mixing well after each addition.
- Scrape down side of bowl, and then beat at medium-high speed 5 minutes. Batter will become creamier and satiny.
- Transfer the batter into pan and tap the pan against work surface once or twice to eliminate air bubbles.
- Place pan in (cold) oven and turn oven temperature to 350°F. Bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in middle of cake comes out with a few crumbs adhering, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes. Run a thin knife around inner and outer edges of cake, then invert rack over pan and invert cake onto rack to cool completely.