Gluten Free Profiteroles
A profiterole, cream puff or choux à la crème is a filled French choux pastry ball with a typically sweet filling of whipped cream, pastry cream, custard, or ice cream.
- 180g/7oz Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 100g/4oz Margarine
- 300ml Water
- 4 eggs
- 500ml Whipped Cream
- 200g/8oz Milk Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200*C/210*C Fan/Gas 8.
- Line Baking Tray with parchment paper.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Melt the margarine with the water in a saucepan and allow to boil rabidly for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take the melted mixture off the heat and tip in all the flour and beat well.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Gently beat the eggs in a separate bowl or jug.
- Add the egg mixture gradually and beat vigorously after each addition. Each time it should look the same as it did at the beginning. The mixture should stand in peaks.
- The mixture can be piped through a piping bag or spooned onto the tray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before filling.
- Using a piping bag with a thin nozzle pipe the cream through each profiterole until each is full.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the tops of each profiterole into the chocolate.