Decadent and light, homemade healthier caramel apple fall cheesecake is made with a graham cracker crust, topped with caramel apples and caramel sauce. It’s fall heaven.
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- caramel sauce
- sliced almonds
- Pour filling into the cooled crust and smooth out the surface. Wrap the outside of the springform pan tightly with aluminum foil and place the pan in a large baking dish. Fill the baking dish with 1 inch of boiling water.
- Move the baking dish to the oven and bake for 1 hour in the boiling water bath (This helps prevent sudden temperature drop and cracking). After an hour, turn off the heat and leave the cheesecake inside the oven for another 1 hour. The cheesecake will continue to bake during this time.
- Take the pan out of the oven and run a paring knife gently around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the sides of the pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator overnight.