- 1 boxed white cake (I used Duncan Hines brand)
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp CLEAR vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease sides and bottom of each pan with nonstick spray. Flour baking pan lightly. (If making cupckakes, use baking cups in place of the grease and flour)
- Blend cake mix, milk, melted butter, egg whites, and vanilla in a large bowl at low speed until moistened for about 30 seconds.
- Beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter in pans and bake according to box directions for your type of baking pan. I tend to check my cakes at the lower end of the time indicated as my oven cooks a bit faster than some others I have had.
- Cake will be done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing. Cool completely before frosting.
- Great with this Cream Cheese Frosting