Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Braid
This Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Braid is the easiest, prettiest, and tastiest breakfast pastry to make for a special holiday treat. It can be made the night before and placed in the oven in the morning for a beautiful start to a magical day!
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 (17.5 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls Original
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Move an oven rack to lower middle position, and heat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the cream cheese, pumpkin, powdered sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix the filling until no streaks remain.
- Open cans of dough carefully to keep cinnamon rolls from falling apart. Roll them out together on the parchment paper. Cut them in half into approximately 10 inch by one inch rectangles of dough. Place one half of the cut dough pieces underneath the other half to form 10 strips of rectangular dough all in a row in a single layer. If filling falls off, just scrape it up with a knife and spread back on the dough. Ensure there are no gaps between strips of dough. Repeat with the second can of dough, placing as many strips as you can fit onto the parchment paper.
- Spread pumpkin filling about 3 inches wide in the center of dough strips all the way from the top to the bottom of dough strips.
- Take a top strip of dough and fold it over the filling at a slight downward angle. Fold the opposite strip of dough over the filling, crossing over the first strip. Repeat folding, criss-crossing all the way down. After folding the last two strips across each other, tuck the ends underneath.
- Brush the top of the loaf with melted butter and place in the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are deep golden brown. Remove from the oven and slide parchment paper and loaf onto a cooling rack. Spoon frosting into a zippered baggie, snip the corner and squeeze icing over the warm loaf. Slice and serve.