Melt-in-your-mouth Kahlua Chocolate Truffles are made with just 5 simple ingredients.
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 5 and 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes and at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua liqueur
- 4 ounces semi-seet chocolate grated or finely chopped
- Chop the chocolate and set aside. In a saucepan over low heat, warm the cream until small bubbles begin to form around the sides of the pan. Remove cream from the heat; add in espresso powder and chopped chocolate, and whisk smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. then stir in butter and Kahlua.
- Cool to room temperature, then cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until firm enough to scoop.
- Grate chocolate using the course side of a grater, or finely chop it if you don’t own a grater. Transfer grated chocolate into a wide, shallow dish and set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
- Scoop out a tablespoon sized round of the chilled chocolate and use your hands to shape it into a ball. Roll the truffle in the grated chocolate, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until there’s not chocolate truffle mixture left. Store the truffles in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to two weeks.